Sunday, March 9, 2008

21st Century Education

We knew from our first gathering last May that our brand new school here at Chaffee Trail was being labeled as "A School of the Future!" How exciting! We would have brand new all-Apple technology, voice-enhancement systems, and cool "Jetsons" furniture. Yet now that we are over half-way through the school year, I began to wonder how far we have come in truly being a school of the future. I found a fantastic article on 21st century education that describes my teaching philosophy and pedagogy exactly. I urge you to read it at http://www.21stcenturyschools.com/What_is_21st_Century_Education.htm (Click on the title of blog for direct link). I think we have so many wonderful teaching practices in place here at Chaffee, and we have built such great community, but the recommendations in this article would be a good place to guide us in goals for future years so that we do continue to grow and become truly "A School of the Future!" Let me know what you think!

No comments: